Highly effective, evidence based and non invasive treatment of tendon related pain.
We have invested heavily to bring this new, evidenced based, treatment modality to our patients. Storz Medical is a reknowned name in medical devices for providing high quality and precision engineering.
All too often people suffer with chronic pain they are trying to manage, or face surgery that could cause more problems. For many, Shockwave would provide a successful alternative to surgery, if only people knew about it.
The advantages of Shockwave are many:
- It works
- It’s non-invasive
- There’s no risk of infection
- No risk of tendon rupture as may rarely occur with steroid injections
- It has NICE approval
The results are not instant, it may be uncomfortable and the results can be operator dependent. Any musculoskeletal therapist can buy a machine and apply Shockwave to a problem area, but without correcting the underlying adverse biomechanics it will not be a long term fix.
Correcting causative factors in combination with Shockwave create the best outcomes and our holistic, whole body approach means you have the very best chance of recovery. Addressing the immediate symptoms is an important step to recovery and can help uncover potential underlying issues that need to be resolved.
Shockwave is a major advance in effective, safe treatment. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the practice and helping you on the road to recovery.
In line with NICE guidelines, the recommended medical treatment is conducted over three sessions. This allows the shockwaves to effectively treat the injury.
- Neck Pain (Myofascial pain syndromes)
- Shoulder Pain (Calcifying tendinitis of the shoulder, subacrominal pain syndrome)
- Back Pain (Myofascial pain syndromes, idiopathic lowerback pain and pseudoradicular syndromes)
- Elbow Pain (Lateral and medial epicondylitis)
- Hand Pain (Dupuytrens disease, De Quervain disease, trigger finger and Carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Hip Pain (Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome)
- Hamstring Pain (Hamstring tendinopathy, insertional)
- Knee Pain (Osteoarthritis, patella tip syndrome)
- Osgood -Schlatter Disease
- Achilles Pain (Achilles tendinopathy, insertional and mid body)
- Heel Pain (Plantarfasciopathy)